APLA is a vibrant association with a long history.
Your membership supports APLA’s mission to promote the interests of libraries in the Atlantic Provinces while fostering the development of librarians, library technicians and information professionals. We believe in cooperation, dedication, and fun!
Becoming a member of APLA means that you will be part of one of the most enduring library organizations in North America and also includes:
- special discounted joint membership rates with APLNB, NLLA, and NSLA
- member rates for the Education Institute webinars and courses
- opportunities to serve on APLA committees, interest groups, and the executive
- access to apply for APLA grants and scholarships
- the right to vote at the annual Ordinary General Meeting (OGM)
- preferred registration rate for attendance at the annual APLA Conference
- preferred registration rate for workshops at the annual APLA Conference
- access to the CEC (Continuing Education Certificate) Program through the Partnership (**registration cost of $40)
To join or renew your membership today, go to the online form and follow the instructions.
Sign-up to the APLA LISTSERV to connect with other members across the country.
For more details about the association go to our documents page. Here you can view the 1989 Memorandum of Association, as well as minutes from past OGMs (Ordinary General Meetings).
Feel free to contact any member of the Executive committee if you have further questions or comments.
Thank you for supporting the Atlantic Provinces Library Association (APLA)!
MEMBERSHIP DRIVE NOTES
Welcome to all our new members!
APLA has made a nice donation (20% of new memberships) to CODE's Burt Award for First Nations, Inuit & Métis Literature thanks to you!
The winner of the FREE one-year membership to APLA has also been notified.
For more details, please check out the next edition of the APLA Bulletin.