The Committee shall include the Convener, the four VP Provinces to ensure representation of all regions, and one additional francophone member, to ensure that important issues for francophone libraries are not overlooked. The APLA President and VP/President Elect will be ex officio members. Members may serve up to three years.
To ensure that APLA is an effective regional voice on issues of importance to libraries, library staff, and library users, and to ensure that no opportunity is missed to make that voice heard. The committee will play a support role to the Executive.
Terms of Reference:
- To monitor developments in libraries and librarianship, both regionally and nationally, and identify key issues;
- to research and compile background information on these issues, as needed;
- to advise the APLA Executive on possible actions to be taken on emerging issues;
- to develop advocacy tools for use by APLA members;
- to facilitate training for effective advocacy; and
- to collaborate with other organizations (e.g. CFLA-FCAB, The Partnership, other regional associations) to increase the reach and impact of advocacy efforts.